Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Where's my Motivation?

This semester I'm taking three classes: Intro to American Popular Music, Microbiology I & a lab, and Chemistry II & a lab.

Intro to American Popular Music I need, because it satisfies my fine arts distribution requirement. Plus it's fun and my father in law is teaching it.. it's really the only class I actually pay attention too. Microbiology sucks because each exam covers 4 chapters, and there is no study guide therefore no way of knowing what stuff to memorize. Then there is chemistry. I have no motivation to attend this class. My last exam I put in 16 + hours in two days to study for it (I neglected cleaning the house and my other homework) and I didn't even get a decent passing grade. So now I'm thinking "what's the point?". Another reason why my motivation has gone downhill for this class is because I'm changing majors. I'm done with science! It's too time consuming, I've lost my passion and interest for it, I don't have any dreams of attending medical school whatsoever and I don't think my brain clicks with this stuff anymore.

Well.. at least now I can safely say that I've learned a valuable lesson. Figure this out before the drop deadline so you're not waking up every morning dreading to attend your science classes.

On a more happier note, we have a couple great things to look forward to! My sister is getting married in less than three weeks! I'm taking a bold step and highlighting my hair this Saturday. We are coming close to our thanksgiving break and Alec and I are having fun figuring out what to do for our honeymoon this upcoming Christmas! I just need to hang tight for this last month and a half of school.

I just want to let you all know that I love my husband, and today is our two month anniversary! He's the best thing that has ever happened to me.. and I wouldn't want have anyone else.