Thursday, December 1, 2011

It's been a real thanksgiving

YIKES! I haven't written in so long.. and my last post was kind of depressing, so i think it's time for an update (and a happier one to!)

Thanksgiving break was wonderful and way too quick. I was so happy that I could spend the holiday with all of my family. I don't even remember the last time i had thanksgiving with everyone so this was a real blessing. In the morning we went up to Salt Lake with my parents and Alec's dad to have dim sum. I gotta say...it was pretty good dim sum according to Utah standards yet nothing compares to Hong Kong!! Later that evening we went to Douglas' house (the whole crew was there!) and we had a giant feast. Fried turkey, prime ribs, mashed potatoes, stuffing, vegetables you name it! And dessert we had a huge range of pies, brownies and ice cream. Now that i'm married i need to contribute to events like these so i took a dive and made green bean casserole and strawberry pretzel salad!!! I haven't had that dessert in yeaaars, so i was stoked to make it and it turned out awesome! Everyone ate it and loved it so i think i'm becoming a pro at this whole cooking thing now.

Goofing around at my brothers.

Now for the big news of the post... MY SISTER GOT MARRIED NOVEMBER 19TH 2011! Yep she did, and she married a wonderful gentleman who i know loves her so much and will care for her for eternity. They got sealed at the Oquirrh Mountain Temple, and it was the most beautiful thing ever. I was so lucky i was able to attend the sealing with Alec. Having our sealing just shy of three months prior brought back some wonderful feelings of our sealing. It was great to hear the words of the sealer and to hear those covenants you make at the altar and to be reminded that marriage and your spouse is your number one in your life. I'm so thankful to be sealed in the temple, and i know marrying Alec was the best decision i've made in my life.

Coming out of the temple!
The beautiful couple :)

Some of the bridesmaids wearing our grey dresses.
The reception was at Sundance and we couldn't have been any luckier with the weather. According to the weather report, it was meant to be snow storming. I remember waking up that morning and just praying so hard that the Lord would provide us with good weather so people could make it to the reception. And lo and behold, prayers were answered and it never snowed once. It was freezing though, but everyone made it.. people danced, ate a lot of food, took a lot of pictures and just had a great time. I'm so happy for them - marriage rocks!

I love my sister :):):)
Before i get back to studying for my exams tonight, i just want to end by writing down a few of the many things that i'm grateful for:

  • My wonderful husband who i love SOOOOOO much. I'm so thankful for the love that he shows me daily and the way that he makes me feel beautiful every second. I'm so thankful for the hard work that he puts into our little family, and for always making me his number one priority in his life.
  • I'm thankful for our house that we live in. For the clothes that we have, and for having the finances to put food on our table.
  • I'm so thankful for my parents and for their love and support and letting me know that they are always there.
  • I'm thankful for temples around the world, and the service work that we can do in them that is available to us at all times.
  • I'm thankful for my gym membership. It keeps me in shape and healthy!
  • I'm thankful for school. I love learning.
  • I'm thankful for being a member of the Church of Jesus-Christ of Latter Day Saints and having it be the foundation of my life and my marriage.
Ahhh the list could go on. But i must study...... 

24 more days till we leave to California!!!!